Sunday, January 25, 2015

Quick Update


This gorgeous view of La Paz was taken from the city's teleférico. The new cable car system offers unbeatable views for about $1.50 round-trip.

It's hard to believe that I've been living in this city for nearly a year and a half. Even more difficult to wrap my mind around: how bad I am at blogging and keeping people around the world apprised of what is going on in La Paz. This is only surprising because I care desperately about having friends and family (by blood or by Church) being able to share in victories, laugh at mishaps and most importantly, pray for our ministry. 

But tonight I'll take a break between grading and bed to ask for prayer for this coming week in keeping with Paul's plea in Ephesians 6:18-20.

This week is Spiritual Emphasis Week for the middle and high school. Please pray that God would move in the hearts of our students to bring them closer to Him. Pray that He be with our speaker Bart as the Gospel goes out. Pray that conversations during this week and the days following would be fruitful. The air at 12,000 feet is thin, but pray that teachers and students alike breathe deeply, tasting God's goodness and praising Him with every exhale. 

Love y la paz, 
Sam

P.S. How can my I be praying for you? Comment or send me an email and you will be lifted up! If you want, the HIS staff and my Tuesday Night Bible study will also pray for you!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam! Great update. Sending lots of prayers in this time of fertile spiritual growth.

    Please pray for me as my school life at Sadaebugo is undergoing a lot of transition and change, mostly good; I need guidance and strength for new classes, new students, a new office setting, and new clubs and activities. I have already been given some wonderful guidance when I was cleaning out HAWAII and found your old lesson book. It has helped me gain some great insight and inspiration!
    You are missed at Sadaebugo :)

    God bless and 화이팅!
    David Stewart

    ReplyDelete